Monday, May 3, 2010

Tough Mudder - May 2010

As I mentioned a couple months ago, I had the opportunity to participate in the Tough Mudder, the "toughest one-day endurance race on the planet." I have limited experience with endurance races, but I still feel I can safely say that this race was pretty dang tough.

The race consisted of approximately 7 miles of running, with 16 obstacles strewn along its length, clustered mostly at the beginning and end. Among the obstacles were a mud pit:



...and a crawl under annoyingly low wire:



There was also the largest, steepest slip-n-slide I have ever seen...easily 100ft long, on a 45 degree slope! I should not forget to mention that we ran through FIRE right at the finish line. It was the most fun I have had in months! Even the monster hill runs were a blast; granted, they were Type II fun.

As for finishing times, I finished in 1:15, my friend Greg Dorsch finished in 1:03, and my friend Bill Kolaski finished in an amazing :57! Good job, all of you Mudders out there.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like torture to me! I'm glad you had a blast. Will you do an endurance race again? I bet you will! Glad you got through it with your muscles and your spirit intact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina,

    No word on the winning time yet, their timing methods were kinda sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My run was really, really slow (2:41) seeing that i hadn't run in FOREVER! The first 10k were easy and took like an hour 15, but the course started getting hilly and the rain was really coming down!! I got SO hungry during the race too. Exciting though. I think I wanna do it again.

    ReplyDelete